Scientific Advisory Board of the Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut
According to the statutes of the FLI, the members of the Scientific Advisory Board are assigned for four years. Re-assignment for a second term is possible.
Tasks of the Scientific Advisory Board
The tasks of the Scientific Advisory Board are as follows:
- to provide advice to the management of the FLI with regard to research and development.
- to promote contact between the FLI and other national and international scientists and institutions working in the same or related scientific fields.
- to support the FLI in the development of its research programme taking into account the current research work of other research institutions.
Members of the 9th Scientific Advisory Board
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Becker, Institute of Virology, University of Marburg
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Burger, President of the Robert Koch-Institute, Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Cichutek, President of the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute, Langen
- Prof. Dr. Thijs Kuiken, Department of Virology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Markus Rodehutscord, Institute of Animal Nutrition, University Hohenheim, Stuttgart
- Dr. Mo Salman, Animal Population Health Institute, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA
- Prof. Dr. Helen Sang, The Roslin Institute and R(D)SVS, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Prof. Dr. Geoffrey L. Smith, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
- Prof. Dr. Dieter Steinhagen, Center for Infectious Disease, University of Veterinary Medicine Foundation, Hannover
- Prof. Dr. Artur Summerfield, Institute of Virology and Immunoprophylaxis, Mittelhäusern, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Gerd Sutter, Institute for Infection Medicine and Zoonoses, LMU Munich
- Dr. Geraldine Taylor, Institute of Animal Health, Compton, UK
- Prof. Dr. Josef Troxler, Institute of Animal Husbandry and Animal Welfare, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Austria
- PD Dr. Christiane Werckenthin, LAVES Oldenburg
- Prof. Dr. Lothar Wieler, Institute of Microbiology and Animal Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Free University of Berlin